Creamy Pumpkin Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 1.5 kg pumpkin peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger grated
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 750 ml boiled water (or omit salt and put in a vegetable stock cube here)
- 400 ml coconut milk (1 tin)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heart before adding the onion and garlic.
- Cook until the onion becomes transparent.
- Add the ginger, spices and salt and add the pumpkin.
- Toss the pumpkin in the oil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the water (or stock) and coconut milk and bring to a boil before reducing the heat to lower.Cook for 20 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Blend soup until smooth. Serve with a touch of cracked black pepper.